The main BM ceremony is held at the temple. During the ceremony the BM reads prayers and gives their personal speech. The Bar Mitzvah party includes additional traditional ceremonies such as candle lighting and Ha-Motzi.
The BM ceremonies are a beautiful way for the BM child to express themselves as individuals, as well as to connect them to their heritage and bring the family together. In this chapter the Doc will provide valubale information and tips on these ceremonies.
Do you have questions? Visit the Bar & Bat Mitzvah Information & Planning Forum.
- The Candle Lighting Ceremony – How it Works?
- The Candle Lighting ceremony – Writing the Poems
- The Candle Lighting ceremony – Poems Stress & Reading
- The Candle Lighting Ceremony – Songs
- Tefillin – What are Tefillin? How to Bind Them?
- Teffilin – Getting Yourself a Teffilin Set
- Ha-Motzi Blessing
- Sample Candle Lighting Ceremony Poem