Donâ€™t overpay! You can get a great look at a reasonable cost. Here are Dr. Simcha’s tips and guidelines on how to get a great looking invitation at a reasonable cost.
- Dr. Simcha received a very affordable Bat Mitzvah invitation this week – single card, one color, printing, no layers. The invitation was simple, effective and clean. Why to make it complicated?
- Consider to create your own printable Bar & Bat Mitzvah invitations – it looks great and saves money. Dr. Simcha knows many examples of people who printed the invitations themselves, and they came out lovely!
- If you don’t have the hours and are not sure of your printing expertise, check for online invitation shops. It is not only a timesaver, but it allows you to get great deals when you compare prices from different online shops.
- You can reduce the costs also by finding someone with
a home based stationery / invitation business.
- Make sure that you get quotes from a few vendors!
- Check carefully what charges the vendor is
passing along to you. For example: proof fees,
colored ink, shipping/handling, Hebrew wording,
logos/monograms, custom artworks, calligraphy,
etc. Make sure to read the small notes.
- Order a few extra invitations, above the number of your guests. Reorders later can be costly! And try to get those extra invitations for freeâ€¦
- Ask for a percentage discount off the total. Why not?