Now that the BM party is behind you, it is time for looking at the photos, sharing them and remembering how fun it was!
Prepare the photos
- First of all, don’t work with the originals. Mistakes happen. Back up all your images to a CD before you start working on them
- Arrange in one folder all the photos that you like, and put away the ones you don’t like or those that are near duplicates of others.
- Rename the files with a descriptive file name. Be detailed in your photo descriptions – not just “David and Mike”, it is better to say “David & Mike lighting the eighth candle”. Try to rename the photos in a way that will create groups of photos. For example, start all the candle-lighting images file names with the words “Candle lighting”.
- If it is needed, rotate image, remove red-eye, crop out unnecessary or distracting backgrounds, adjust lighting and contrast, etc.
- Use a good photo management software program like acdsee photo manager to view, organize and name your images. You can burn them to CD or resize and optimize for emailing directly from the program.
Arrange a BM photo evening
- A couple of weeks after the Bar Mitzvah, arrange a gathering with all the family for watching the video and the photos. An evening of sweet memories!
- Burn your photos on a DVD. This way you can have everyone sitting comfortably in the living room watching the photos on the TV! It is also a good way of backup.
- You can even set music with the photos, like a montage!
Upload your photos online and print them
- One of the main reasons for having digital BM photos is to have them shared online with others.
- Some photographers will offer to upload a limited number of photos to the internet. Check this point with the photographer before booking.
- Online photo sharing services, such as online photo sharing at Kodak EasyShare Gallery, let you share your photos on line, for free. You simply upload your images to their server, into your own photo albums, and add captions if you wish.
- Then email your friends with a link to your albums.
- Once the photos are uploaded, you and your friends will be able watch them and order photo prints and all kinds of custom photo gifts, such as photo books, photo mugs, photo collages, photo cards, poster sized photos, mini photo books, and the list of custom photo gifts is not finished! My G-D, how creative people can get?
- Once, the Doc organized a Bar Mitzvah photo calendar. Each month was dedicated for a photo of the BM with a different person. January – a photo of the BM and the father; February with the mother; March with the sister; and so on. Then it was given as a present to all the family. Everyone had the same calendar and it was the talk of the year!
- For every Bar Mitzvah party of a grandchild, the Doc has one coffee mug printed with the photo of her and the BM. It became a family tradition!