The Screen & Projector
- To play montages the Doc uses her laptop (with a DVD player), a digital projector and a screen.
- A beautiful montage may be spoiled if people cannot see it. Choose a screen at the right size and place it at a good location. Everyone should be able to see the montage.
- How is the lighting at the venue? Too much light may be a big problem.
- Some parties have screens around the room, and then everyone has a great view!
- Where to get a screen?
- Venues often have available screens and TVs, or maybe they can get it for you.
- Ask your DJ and photographers. Some of them rent screens and projectors.
- Do you know someone who owns a screen and a projector? Maybe a friend’s company?
- If you cannot get a screen, consider showing the DVD on a TV during cocktail, in a loop.
- Here is one very precious advice – arrange a rehearsal at the venue before the big day. Donâ€™t be lazy, test all the equipment! It is very stressful having hard time with it on the party day.
- Bring back-up DVD copies.